Initially started in 2014 SWAY’s Outreach & Youth Club Café was set up to provide a safe environment for young people to socialise without fear of harm. Through this work SWAY can assist in:
- Deterring anti-social behaviour by young people in the local area
- Reducing experiences of social exclusion by young people
- Improving cohesion between young people in the community
- Providing support to achieve career aspirations
Participants who attend can engage in
- Discussions with opportunities to seek advice and assistance on issues of concern
- Social and interactive activities learning new skills and improve cohesion
- Signposting to specialist support agencies.
- Support in producing CV’s and making informed decisions about career aspirations
Outreach work includes staff going out into the local community at peak times (when schools finish) and engages in conversations with young people to support the reduction of anti-social behaviour and improve community cohesion. Young people are encouraged to attend the Youth Café.